Friday, March 12, 2010

Week ending 3/7, Shreading like an old man

Mon 3/1, 10.5 pretty sore from Dh Jones

Tues am 6.2 JA loop with group 49:00

pm 6.5 slow with cooper

Wed 13 mi at 7:30 pace

Thur 6.5 easy with cooper before heading to Okemo mnt for my annual snowboard wknd with my friends and old teammates at WVU

Fri 9+

Ran 2 with My friend Tom Dion (former Falmouth High standout) he bagged out after 2 as we were both way hung over from too many beers. I looked up the mountain and decided to do what any CMS runner worth his salt would do...run the fucker! I picked though every road I could find for about 3 painful miles until I could no longer see anymore houses up the hill. Some of the roads were so steep I could not believe cars can drive them in winter! The run back down was even more tricky as my legs were really beat. Had a tough time on the snowboard after as my legs were shot!

Sat 4 +

Ran 2 miles with Tom and my friends Paul and Cory. There was a time when I was the one who did the token 2 miles on these trips, it seems strange now to be the only one running these days. My friends Tom and Paul have both had serious surgery on ankles, Achilles or knees, and I am thankful, although much slower than them, to have never needed to go under the knife to keep running. Spent the rest of the day struggling on the snowboard again trying desperately to keep the guys in sight down the mnt.

SUN 2.5 very early with Tom before his flight back home. Shins very sore from Snowboarding

Total 52 miles( getting back up but still no workouts this week)

year = 646.5

No comments:

Post a Comment