Monday, December 7, 2009

Mill Cities Relay, week ending 12/6/09

I traveled up to Nashua for the second year in a row to the 1st leg of the Mill Cities Relay, for the NMC. I was not sure I would be able to make the start of the race as the weather was calling for snow and I need to snowplow. My day began at 2 a.m. when the snow stopped and I could hopefully get my stops done in time to head up to Nashua. Luckily we had less than 2" of snow and I was able to reach Nashua in plenty of time, much to the relief of my teamates who were deciding which one of them was going to have to do 2 legs! I wasn't sure what to expect with 2hrs sleep, and my legs tend to cramp up after snowplowing. As the brick dropped for the start I started slowly and my legs felt supprisingly good.
I began passing people and picked off 10 or 12 runners during the 5.65 mile leg and finished 8th in 32:45, 1:20 faster than last year. Our Coed masters team ended up 3rd in our division...good enough for a brick.
I ran back to the start after and for the first time my hamstring wasn't sore at all after a hard effort. I am definately ready for more miles and rested and hungry to train again.

week of 11/30 - 12/6
mon 0
tues 6.2 JA w/bob and brian 48:10
wed o
thur 10 from home 7:30/mi
fri 0 (work)
sat 10 easy 8:00/mi
sun 13 mill cities 32:45 for 5.65, 8th pl
Total 39 miles year=2305

No comments:

Post a Comment