Monday, October 26, 2009

Mayors Cup



I returned to Franklin Park for the first time in almost a quarter century Sunday for the Mayors cup 8k. The Weather was perfect the course was not. I warmed up with my new teammates a few who I was meeting for the first time ( a great bunch of guys) It became obvious this was not going to be a fast race, but a pure cross country race.There was lots of mud and the grassy areas were quite soft. I started a little conservative and had trouble getting any rhythm throughout the race. I felt flat and slow but gave a hard effort. My splits were 5:22,11:30, and 23:25. I finished in 29:06 and noticed my brand new spikes gave me brutal blisters on both big toes. Hopefully these will heal before the NE meet in two weeks. All in all a solid day, I got to do an extended cool down with Nate Jenkins and talk running with him. I look forward to retuning in two weeks and post a much better time against all Masters, and see where I stack up.


thanks to Kristen K for the photo's and cheering the team on.

No comments:

Post a Comment